Friday, September 17, 2010

The Brooks Blog is undergoing important changes

I have been using this blog regularly since 2006. Many of my previous posts have focussed on education policy, as well as new work in academic philosophy and politics. This blog will shortly have a new look and receive some trimming. While I will continue to post on matters relevant to higher education and philosophy, the blog will begin to focus more regularly on public affairs and public policy. This is a subject-matter that has taken up much of my interest as the Undergraduate Director of Politics at Newcastle University for the last three years. Moreover, with the forthcoming launch of my new book on punishment, I plan on continuing to work more in the area of philosophy and public policy. Of course, I will continue to have interests in 19th Century Philosophy and other subjects, but the focus of my work---and this blog---will change shortly. I hope for the better. As usual, I will expect readers to let me know if this is not the case!

UPDATE: At present, the Blog has 1,130 posts listed on Google and has 6,557 pages (with about 3,500 posts in total) according to here. This will change substantially over the next few days.


meditations71 said...

Good luck with the changes. I told you it was a good idea to blog ;)

The Brooks Blog said...

You did, indeed! Many thanks.

Matt said...

Thom- this sounds exciting, and I'm looking forward to the book. I think it needs the sub-title "ride the lightning", though.

I hope you'll continue to post notices and pointers to papers and conferences and the like. I've found those very useful.

The Brooks Blog said...

Many thanks for this, Matt! I will continue to post on new papers and conference announcements as usual. However, I will refresh all links, simplify categories, delete several old posts, and focus more on analysis.