Thursday, July 14, 2011

Journal subscriptions

We see various posts on new books and other publications, but rarely a few words about journal subscriptions. I subscribe to the following journals:

American Political Science Review

British Journal of Politics & International Relations

Bulletin of the Hegel Society of Great Britain

Collingwood and British Idealism Studies

Contemporary Social Science



Ethics & International Affairs

Journal of Elections, Public Opinion and Parties

Journal of Moral Philosophy

Legal Theory

Owl of Minerva

Parliamentary Affairs

Perspectives on Politics

Philosophical Writings

Philosophy & Public Affairs

Political Studies

Political Studies Review


Proceedings of the Aristotelian Society (and Supplement)

PS: Political Science & Politics

Public Affairs Quarterly

Royal Historical Society Transactions

I note that many of these subscriptions are part of a package re: learned society or editorial board membership. Does this mean I have much to read? Yes, it does. Nevertheless, I find it also keeps me current -- as does my job as editor of the Journal of Moral Philosophy.

I should add that I have particularly enjoy serving on different editorial boards because I feel a strong sense of service to our profession, but I have also benefited from sharing experiences and insights to help foster a strong culture of journal editing. So very happy to serve on further editorial boads as an active member and I'd encourage others to do so as well.

No comments: