Wednesday, September 07, 2011

Hypatia: Call for Editors and Editorial Teams

Our friends at Feminist Philosophers have posted a call for a new editor, co-editor and/or editorial team for the journal Hypatia. Readers will know this journal as an excellent journal of feminist philosophy and I regularly include its articles in my syllabi each year.

I would encourage suitably qualified colleagues to submit applications to edit this journal. I'd be very happy to discuss general issues re: journal editing as well. Since re-launching the Association of Philosophy Journal Editors, I've a clear sense about journal practices across the profession and related sub-fields. Journal editing is not for the faint hearted, but the profession benefits greatly when colleagues work for the public good -- and this is something I readily support.

No comments: