Wednesday, February 22, 2012

S. Matthew Liao will become new editor of the Journal of Moral Philosophy

After launching the Journal of Moral Philosophy about 10 years ago, I have decided to step down as editor. The journal has developed beyond all expectations and it has become something I'm deeply proud to have helped build. Surveys regularly place the JMP among leading international journals in the field and submissions increase each year. We now receive about 250+ submissions and accept about 5-6%.

It is a great pleasure and honour to announce that S. Matthew Liao will become the new JMP editor from 2013. Matthew is an old friend and one of the best philosophers I know who will bring a wealth of experience and expertise to this role. This is a wonderful development for the journal and I'm thrilled to know the journal will be in such great hands. Liao will edit the journal alongside our outstanding reviews editor, Christian Miller.

I have become more involved in political activities in the UK and plan to devote more time to these and other scholarly pursuits although I will remain an active member of the board. There are more announcements to come.

No comments: