Sunday, October 07, 2012

400,000 hits milestone

Today, the Brooks Blog has passed the 400,000 hits milestone. I am delighted by the attention this blog continues to receive and extremely grateful to readers for continuing to find this site of interest.

Much continues to change since the last 300,000 milestone passed in January 2011 (see here). For one thing, I shortly move institutions and head to Durham University and its Law School shortly. For another, I have wrapped up several existing commitments in order to make time for many others. I am stepping down as Editor of the Journal of Moral Philosophy later this year -- although I will remain on the board -- and completed my term as Chair of the APA Committee on Philosophy and Law.

While I expect to blog more frequently than of late, the next few weeks see several new book publications (with further details and links in due course):

Thom Brooks, Punishment (Routledge, 2012) - November

Thom Brooks, Hegel's Political Philosophy: A Systematic Reading of the Philosophy of Right, 2d ed (Edinburgh University Press, [2007, 2009] 2012) - December

Thom Brooks (ed.), Just War Theory (Brill, 2012) - December

There will then be publication of a five volume collection on Criminal Law and Philosophy out in early 2013. Details on all publications to follow shortly.

So much has changed and continues to change. My thanks as ever to you for your interest and support.

2 comments:

Matt said...

Thom, with all those projects you're reenforcing my impression of you as the Aleksei Grigorievich Stakhanov of philosophy. You need to leave some work for the rest of us and stop making us look bad!

The Brooks Blog said...

Thanks so much!