Thursday, February 28, 2013

Alcohol and Public Policy

. . . my latest piece found here in a special issue of Contemporary Social Science on this topic. The abstract for my piece:


Alcohol and its consumption is a major topic for public policy-making. Increases in public debate have come about through the growing awareness of the alcohol-related health problems among the general public. This article provides an important overview of the leading contemporary work in this area and the significant contributions made by social scientists.


Contemporary Social Science is the journal of the Academy of Social Sciences (which voted to offer me membership as an Academician in 2009).



2 comments:

Ben said...

Just received my copy. Almost the first thing I saw was your reference to my paper (p. 7) as "A million perspective"!

The Brooks Blog said...

Yikes! I blame Word! Surprised this made it through as I had made a few corrections...