Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Special thanks to the UCD School of Philosophy

Many special thanks to the  University College Dublin School of Philosophy for hosting my talk on 'The Unified Theory of Punishment', an early overview of a current book project. UCD has a particularly special importance for me as the place where - philosophically - things really started to come together. My ideas on Hegel and punishment were first launched at this time - and I spent about a year as managing editor of the International Journal of Philosophical Studies which helped prepare me for launching the Journal of Moral Philosophy a few years later.

As usual, the questions and discussion was brilliant and engaging. Always a real joy to return - and many, many thanks to the School for the kind invitation and generous hospitality. My home away from home.

No comments: