Monday, September 23, 2013

Fabian Society elections - vote!

Readers will know that I've been a member of the Fabian Society for as long as I've been in the Labour Party. It's that time of year where the Fabian Society conducts its annual election to its Executive Committee - and I've decided to stand. All candidates must provide a brief statement and this is mine:

“I’m standing for election because I believe that I can deliver new contributions, especially on immigration and criminal justice policy. I’m originally from the US earning UK citizenship two years ago and made international headlines exposing serious flaws in the “Life in the UK” test. I lecture at Durham University’s Law School where my research has defended a new framework for restorative justice and developing improvements for effective prison reform.”

The Committee is currently a who's who of some leading lights in the Labour movement and it would be a privilege to serve. Results will be announced in November.

No comments: