Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Brooks quoted in new Labour Party consultation on criminal justice

Delighted to find I am quoted in the new UK Labour Party's policy consultation 'stronger, safer communities' on criminal justice policy here.

Readers will see my comment is connected to my work on what I've called punitive restoration - a reimagining of restorative justice as a kind of stakeholder justice with a greater diversity of options to better embed restorative justice in the criminal justice system. This idea of punitive restoration is an illustration of my novel unified theory of punishment which appears - in its own chapter - in my Punishment book. My work on the unified theory is cited as one of the top 100 Big Ideas for the Future at British universities as recognised by Research Councils UK.

No comments: