Thursday, November 19, 2015

Many thanks to Arizona State University

. . . for organising a series of talks I delivered in Tempe, Arizona last week. I gave a staff seminar on "Rethinking Just War" taking aim at a popular view of just war theory developed by Jeff McMahan and others in the School of Politics and Global Studies. I spoke with graduate students about academic publishing and finding a university position. I also gave a talk on democracy beyond borders - the case of the EU.

Along the way, I had opportunities to speak with some fabulous people including (no particular order) Jeffrie Murphy, Avital Simhony, Elizabeth Brake, Jack Crittenden, Terry Ball, Rick Herrera, Cameron Thies, Doug Portmore and several others.

And it is worth saying that ASU's Tempe campus is still the most gorgeous university campus I've seen yet - and even better than it was in 1999 when I was last there. If you haven't seen it, go now. You will thank me.

No comments: