Thursday, January 07, 2016

Breaking up is hard to do – especially when you have to fill out a government form

. . . is my latest piece for The Conversation that can be READ HERE.

 It begins:

"The British government has published documents for people to use to report the end of a relationship to immigration services.

When your relationship breaks down you are expected to use these forms to confirm that it’s over and give the name of your partner to the government. They ask you to declare that you “do not live with them” and “do not intend to live with them” in the future. These forms ask for the names of who is confirming the break-up and the estranged spouse or partner. These are then to be filed with the Home Office."


No comments: