· Everyone gets pneumonia. Not everyone lies about it – or tries to make people think it’s something else.
· Health and stamina are important issues for US Presidential candidates. The job is exhausting and requires being in good physical shape.
· The big issue here isn’t really health, but trust.
· Pneumonia isn’t the plague. Hillary will make a full and swift recovery from that.
· The main point is whether she can recover from the damage done to her reputation.
· Serious questions have been raised about the use of her personal email account while she served as Secretary of State. Donald Trump has questioned whether the public can trust her.
· Hillary’s getting pneumonia should have been trivial. But her team’s poor handling of this issue has brought to the centre of this bitter presidential debate raising new questions about trust and honesty.
· This is not an issue any candidate wants debated with less than two months to go to the election.
· The election is still Hillary’s to lose, but she’s not making it any easier through unforced errors like this.